Kootenai Health’s Adult Mental Health Intensive Outpatient (IOP) and Outpatient (OP) Treatment Programs provide supportive healing in a group setting. These groups are facilitated by master’s level clinicians and are designed to help clients stabilize their mental health.
IOP/OP is individualized, client-centered treatment which assists participants in identifying their personal strengths, assists in goal development, and creates an achievable action plan to reach those goals. This program is often used as a bridge after hospitalization or as an alternative to hospitalization.
Outpatient services include:
- IOP: Nine hours of therapy each week broken into three, three-hour group sessions.
- OP: One hour per week after IOP completion as continued support.
- Mental health stabilization to prevent and overcome relapses.
- Evidence-based modalities, such as Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), with a Trauma-Informed approach to care.
- Education on disorders including symptoms, medications, and management strategies to address co-occurring disorders.
- Individual sessions, family education, psycho-education, and group therapy sessions.
- Increased opportunities to establish community-based support.
- Telehealth options available.
If you have questions about joining these programs, please call 208.625.4848. Our adult mental health IOP and OP programs can be billed through insurance providers. We can help you navigate this process.