As a community-owned hospital, Kootenai Health knows the importance of supporting the community we serve. Whether it’s at the annual health fair, a Safe Kids event, a spot check skin cancer screening or a Heart to Heart screening, Kootenai Health staff and volunteers can often be seen at events promoting the health and well-being of local residents.
Kootenai Health supports the community in a variety of ways including:
- Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
- Medical tents at the half and full Ironman races
- Free medical transportation services
- Acting as the lead agency for Safe Kids Kootenai County
- Providing 150 car seats for low-income children
- Providing free car seat inspections
- Providing more than 300 free bike helmets to children each year
- Heart to Heart health screenings
- Free skin cancer spot checks
- Educational classes and lectures
- Support groups for patients with diabetes, cancer, mended hearts, Parkinson’s and pulmonary
Kootenai Health supports community projects that match our mission, vision and values.
To learn more about the Community Sponsorship Program, call (208) 625-5302.
Kootenai Health is committed to:
- Being good stewards by equitably allocating resources in the best interest of the community.
- Working to decrease the number of uninsured in Kootenai County, where one in four individuals currently have no health insurance.
- Supporting and participating in organizations striving to improve the quality of life in the community.
If you are interested in sponsorship by Kootenai Health, please fill out one of our sponsorship request forms and return to Communications and Marketing. A community fund review committee meets regularly to review requests. Please allow two months to one year (preferred) for funding requests.