Kootenai Clinic Neurology specializes in diagnosing and treating disorders of the nervous system. The nervous system is comprised of the brain, spinal cord, nerves and muscles. We treat a wide range of patients in both an outpatinet setting in our clinic office as well as inpatients in the hospital.
Our providers treat common neurological disorders, including:
- Seizure disorders (epilepsy)
- Cancer (brain tumors)
- Spinal cord and brain injuries
- Diseases of blood vessels supplying the brain (stroke)
- Diseases caused by defective genes (Huntington’s disease and muscular dystrophy)
- Nervous system development issues (spina bifida)
- Degenerative disease (Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease)
- Infections (meningitis)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Epilepsy Monitoring Unit
An Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU) is a unit in the hospital run by specialists in epilepsy. These specially-designed patient rooms provide in-depth diagnostic and treatment services for people experiencing seizures or epilepsy that may be difficult to diagnose or treat.