Kootenai Health provides a full spectrum of care for cardiology patients, both within the hospital at Kootenai Health’s Heart Center and for patients at Kootenai Heart Clinics. From treatment to rehabilitation to prevention, patients receive personalized, quality cardiac care, delivered from the heart.
Visit the Kootenai Heart Clinics page HERE to review their bios and take a moment to watch the following messages from some of our specialists.
General and Interventional Cardiology
Electrophysiology for heart rhythm disorders
- Diagnostic Services – including non-invasive tests to evaluate and monitor cardiac and vascular illness, and invasive procedures such as cardiac catheterizations to evaluate pressures and/or oxygen content.
- Interventional catheterizations and treatments –including stents, pacemaker implants, and implantable defibrillators.
- Open-heart surgery and intensive care –including open-heart procedures, such as bypass and heart valve operations.
- Cardiac rehabilitation and support –including education and other services to help heart patients increase physical fitness, reduce cardiac symptoms, improve health and reduce the risk of future heart problems.
- Prevention tools and resources –includes community screening events and educational resources.
Top 10% in the Nation for Cardiac Surgery
Healthgrades has consistently named Kootenai Health as a Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award recipient. The award acknowledges that Kootenai Health is among the Top 10 percent in the nation for cardiac surgery, and the only hospital in the Inland Northwest to achieve this award.
Kootenai Heart Clinics
Kootenai Heart Clinics includes 40 physicians and advanced practice providers specializing in general and interventional cardiology, electrophysiology (for heart rhythm disorders), cardiothoracic surgery, and vascular surgery. With offices in Coeur d’Alene, Post Falls, Sandpoint, Lewiston and outreach clinics throughout Idaho and Montana they provide patients in the Inland Northwest with the highest level of comprehensive cardiovascular care available.
Learn more by visiting our Kootenai Heart Clinics page.