The PGY1 Pharmacy Residency (ASHP-accredited) gives experience in a broad area of pharmacy practice, including:
- Ambulatory Care
- Critical Care
- Emergency Medicine
- Infectious Disease/AMS
- Internal Medicine
- Psychiatric Care
The program accepts two residents each year. Pharmacy residents have the opportunity to work closely with the medical residents and faculty of Kootenai Health’s Family Medicine Residency. Residents will present formal lectures, inservices, and prepare a major project. There are opportunities to precept pharmacy students on rotation. Teaching experiences are also available at Washington State University (WSU) and Idaho State University, and WSU supports a residency teaching certificate program.
Residents receive subsidized health insurance, sick leave, paid vacation, discounted meals, professional travel coverage, and paid ASHP dues. Coeur d’Alene offers many wonderful lifestyle benefits, including affordable housing, low traffic, four beautiful seasons, and an active community.
What Makes Us Special
Our residency is special due to its location in beautiful north Idaho with as many outdoor opportunities as educational opportunities.
We improve health one patient at a time in a friendly and professional culture committed to superior quality and safety.
- Compassion: We thoughtfully approach the human condition of suffering with empathy and compassion
- Quality: We are committed to lifelong learning and evidence-based practice to deliver superior, quality health care.
- Stewardship: We work to instill a spirit of thoughtful balance and wise use of resources.
- Kootenai Vision: By 2020, Kootenai Health will be a comprehensive regional medical center delivering superior, patient-focused care and will be recognized among the premier healthcare organizations in the United States.
- Superior Quality & Safety: Ensure measurably superior quality, safety and patient experience.
- Patient-Focused: The patient is the focus of decision making.
- Healthy Culture: We will nurture the quality and vitality of our workforce.
- Stewardship: We will use our resources wisely.
- Visionary Leadership: Our leadership style will be forward thinking.
For questions regarding our program or the application process, please contact:
Office phone: 208-625-5579