Kootenai Health makes it easy to obtain copies of your medical records, in paper or electronic formats (for example on a jump drive or as an email attachment). A request for your records can be made by completing the authorization form and returning it to:
Mail to 2003 Kootenai Health Way, Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814
Facsimile to (208) 625-6247
Electronic mail to HIMROI@kh.org
In order to ensure the privacy of your information, Kootenai Health will verify your identify before releasing your information.
Your records may be sent directly to a health care provider of your choice. Your records may be picked up in person, or may be sent by regular mail or secure electronic mail. Please note that file size may require multiple emails.
Direct Portal Access
For easy, direct access to your medical record, you may access your electronic health information through patient portals that correspond to the electronic medical record platforms used at Kootenai Health. For example, Kootenai Health hospital based records are typically located in the Meditech portal, while Kootenai Clinic physician based records are typically located in the Nextgen portal. More information about using a patient portal can be found here.
If you have questions about amending your medical records, restricting access to your records or expressing a concern about you records, please contact Medical Records at (208) 625-6251.
You can learn more about the Idaho Health Data Exchange here.
Notice of Privacy Practices:
- Notice of Privacy Practices (Effective April 2, 2018)
- Birth Certificate Worksheet (PDF)
- IHDE Request to Restrict Disclosure of Health Information (PDF)
- Request for Restriction of Use and Disclosure Form (PDF)
- Patient Request to Amend Protected Health Information (PDF)
- Confidential Communications Request Form (PDF)
- Request for Accounting of Disclosures Form (PDF)
- Privacy Rights Complaint Form (PDF)
- Authorization to Release Information (PDF)
Medical Records Department
2003 Kootenai Health Way
Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814
(208) 625-6251 phone
(208) 625-6247 fax