The Youth Acute Unit, an inpatient unit at Kootenai Health, is a place for healing and recovery for youth in a psychiatric crisis. Our strengths-based program works with children ages 5-12 and adolescents 13-17 to promote safety, stability, and hope. We offer expert diagnostic assessment, medication treatment as appropriate and individual and family therapy in a safe and nurturing environment. The goal of the program is for each child and adolescent to successfully return to his or her home, school, and community.
Youth Inpatient Program
- Diagnostic assessment
- Individual therapy and family therapy
- Group therapy
- School – on-site classroom (partner with child’s school for school work)
- Coping Skills
- Recreation Therapy – access to on-site gym
- Safe, secure environment, with 24-hour monitoring
- Transition planning for the next level of care
For More Information
For answers to your specific questions about our program, call (208) 625-4820.