Located in Post Falls, Idaho, Kootenai Clinic’s Addiction Medicine program provides outpatient services for people dealing with addiction issues.
Provider: Benjamin Milam, M.D. is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Addiction Medicine. Through
his expertise, compassion, and dedication, Dr. Milam helps patients to stabilize and break the cycle of
“We have a fantastic team that truly respects and cares for the patients. Our goal is to provide comprehensive, tailored, medical care, that focuses on not only the current affliction, but also treats the underlying condition with an emphasis on safety and comfort.”
– Benjamin Milam, M.D., Internal Medicine and Addiction Medicine
- Medication assisted therapy for alcohol use disorder and opioid use disorder
- Naltrexone, XR Naltrexome (IM)
- Buprenorphine, XR buprenorphine (SQ)
- Buprenorphine induction
- Outpatient withdrawal management for all substances
- Consultation and advice on de-prescribing of benzaodiazepine and opiates
- Referral to behavioral treatment for substances use to most rehabilitation facilities in northern Idaho
- Consultation for assessment of level of care for substance use
- Harm reduction service/Narcan distribution
Kootenai Clinic’s Addiction Medicine services are covered by most major insurance plans as well as Medicare and Medicaid.
From Emergency Department, inpatient, outpatient clinics and self-referral accepted. Call (208) 625-4965. For referral through Epic, please code as follows: epic: REF020 Addiction Specialist referral.
For internal referrals received through Epic and referrals received from external providers, our staff will call the patient and schedule as soon as possible. When we are contacted with a self-referral, we will schedule as soon as possible.