Kootenai Health’s aquatic fitness sessions are conducted by certified aquatic instructors. The natural buoyancy and hydrostatic pressure in the water create a sensory-rich environment. The warm water is soothing and helps to relax muscles as well as promotes healing. A doctor’s referral is required for skilled therapy.
Aquatic therapy is an excellent choice for:
- Improving balance
- Improving cardiovascular health
- Strengthening muscles
- Increasing joint range of motion
- Increasing endurance
- Alleviating or reducing pain
The Therapy Pool features:
- Warm water (90-92 F)
- Shallow (3 1/2 feet deep) end sloping to 5 feet deep
- Handicapped accessible facilities (stair and lift access), including showers and restrooms, ADA compliant swim lift, and parking
- Separate locker rooms for men and women and day lockers
- Flotation and resistance aids
- Certified lifeguards
- Locker/shower rooms
- Changing areas
Kootenai Health’s Rehabilitation Services offers a variety of aquatic fitness classes. All classes are designed and led by certified instructors who strive to create an environment that is:
- Goal-driven to achieve better health
- Arthritis Foundation Aquatic Program – Research shows that physical activity decreases pain, improves function and delays disability. This program is proven to do just that! For more information visit Arthritis.org.
- Aqua Pi-Yo-Chi – This class intertwines yoga, pilates and Tai Chi. Discover how they complement each other in developing strength, range of motion, balance, and relaxation.
- Single visit $5.00
- Senior (65+) $3.00 per visit
- Cancer Survivor $3.00 per visit
- Veteran $3.00 per visit
- KH Auxiliary $3.00 per visit
- KH Employee – $10.00 per month
Medicare and most private insurances will pay for skilled aquatic therapy as long as you have a demonstrated need for aquatic therapy and continue to make gains in your ability to function.
Click on the image below to view a virtual tour of our therapy pool.
The Aquatic Center is located on the Kootenai Health campus in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. For more information about aquatic therapy or fitness, call Rehabilitation Services at (208) 625-5313.