Kootenai Health’s aquatic fitness sessions are conducted by certified aquatic instructors. The natural buoyancy and hydrostatic pressure in the water create a sensory-rich environment. The warm water is soothing and helps to relax muscles as well as promotes healing. A doctor’s referral is required for skilled therapy.
Aquatic therapy is an excellent choice for:
- Improving balance
- Improving cardiovascular health
- Strengthening muscles
- Increasing joint range of motion
- Increasing endurance
- Alleviating or reducing pain
The Therapy Pool features:
- Warm water (90-92 F)
- Shallow (3 1/2 feet deep) end sloping to 5 feet deep
- Handicapped accessible facilities (stair and lift access), including showers and restrooms, ADA compliant swim lift, and parking
- Separate locker rooms for men and women and day lockers
- Flotation and resistance aids
- Certified lifeguards
- Locker/shower rooms
- Changing areas
Community classes are closed at this time. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
- Single visit $5.00
- Senior (65+) $3.00 per visit
- Cancer Survivor $3.00 per visit
- Veteran $3.00 per visit
- KH Auxiliary $3.00 per visit
- KH Employee – $10.00 per month
Medicare and most private insurances will pay for skilled aquatic therapy as long as you have a demonstrated need for aquatic therapy and continue to make gains in your ability to function.
Click on the image below to view a virtual tour of our therapy pool.
The Aquatic Center is located on the Kootenai Health campus in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. For more information about aquatic therapy or fitness, call Rehabilitation Services at (208) 625-5313.