Do you or a loved one have a difficult time thinking, communicating, remembering, or swallowing? If so, a Kootenai Health outpatient speech therapist may be able to help. Our team provides patient-focused rehabilitative care based on individual needs. Your speech language pathologist will develop a treatment plan based on your input and the findings from your initial evaluation. Specialized services include:
- VitalStim® Therapy System
- Modified Barium Swallow Studies
- Lee Silverman Voice TrainingTM
- Augmentative and alternative communication
- Feeding and swallowing specialists
Whether you are recovering from an injury or working with an ongoing medical condition, choosing the right speech language pathologist is important. Our therapists have advanced training in the areas of cognition, speech disorders, aphasia, swallowing and voice disorders.
The speech language pathologists at Kootenai Health’s Rehabilitation Services have the qualifications and experience needed to help their patients see real results.
All therapists hold a masters’ degree or better as well as a certificate of clinical competence from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. They specialize in evaluating and treating both children and adults experiencing difficulty speaking or understanding speech.
Kootenai Health outpatient rehabilitation speech therapy service offers adult and pediatric therapy with the following areas of specialty:
- Aphasia (Acquired Language Impairment)
- Cognitive Impairment
- Dysarthria/Apraxia (Motor Speech Disorders)
- Dysphagia (Swallowing Disorder)
- Fluency Disorders (Stuttering)
- Language Disorder
- Pragmatics (Social Communication Disorder)
- Speech Sound Disorders (Articulation/Phonological Disorder)
- Voice Disorders
Occupational and physical therapy services are also available for comprehensive care.
For more information on speech therapy, call (208) 625-5311.