Kootenai Health was selected as a winner of Qualis Health’s 2017 Idaho Awards of Excellence in Healthcare Quality for our Colorectal Enhanced Recovery Program.
Boise, ID – Qualis Health, one of the nation’s leading population health management organizations, has recognized five healthcare organizations from across the state of Idaho for their achievements in improving healthcare quality and outcomes. The award recipients were recognized during a ceremony at the Idaho Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Conference on May 4 in Boise, Idaho. Kelly McGrath, MD, MS, Qualis Health Idaho Medical Director, presented the awards.
A special award for exemplary contribution to healthcare quality in Idaho was also presented to Richard Armstrong, director of the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare since 2006.
“Our changing healthcare landscape requires increasingly vigorous efforts to improve healthcare delivery and health outcomes in Idaho and across the nation. The Qualis Health Idaho Quality Awards celebrate organizations that have transformed healthcare delivery for their communities – making a real difference for their patients and their families,” said Jonathan Sugarman, MD, MPH, President and CEO of Qualis Health. “Their achievements exemplify progress towards critical aims for healthcare: better quality of care at a lower cost.”
The 2017 Quality Awards of Excellence in Healthcare Quality are awarded to the following organizations:
- Award of Excellence: Hospital – Madison Memorial Hospital, Rexburg, for their project “Quality-Driven Medication Reconciliation”
- Award of Excellence: Hospital – Kootenai Health, Coeur d’Alene, for their project “Colorectal Enhanced Recovery Program”
- Award of Excellence: Post-acute care – Kindred Nursing and Rehabilitation—Mountain Valley, Kellogg, for their project “Improving Resident Quality of Life by Decreasing Moderate-to-Severe Pain in Long-Term Care”
- Award of Excellence: Critical access hospital – Bonner General Health, Sandpoint, for their project “Code Stork”
- Award of Excellence: Outpatient setting – Terry Reilly Health Services, Nampa, for their project “Implementing Medication-Assisted Therapy”
Pictured: Kootenai Health representatives receive the Qualis Award for Excellence in Boise. From right: Helen Holmes, Quality manager; Tina Rieken, LEAN specialist; Marci O’Connell, quality specialist; Robbie Garrett, Quality executive director; Linda Rowe, Qualis Health Idaho State Director; and Kelly McGrath, M.D., Qualis Health Medical Director.
# # #