The goal of Kootenai Health’s Preoperative Clinic is to help get you ready for your surgery in the operating room of Kootenai Health.
The Preoperative Clinic provides:
- Evaluation by nurses, nurse practitioners and anesthesia as indicated
- Testing (lab work, heart tracing/ECG, X-rays)
- Education about getting ready for surgery
- Pre-surgery phone calls
- Gathering results for your chart
We try to schedule visits up to four weeks before surgery so you have plenty of time to prepare. If you have questions, talk to your doctor or call the Preoperative Clinic.
Kootenai Health’s Preoperative Clinic is responsible for ensuring that patients are medically ready to have a successful surgery.
- Streamlined preoperative care coordination and excellent communication between the patient’s care team
- Opportunities for patient education and pre-surgical questions
- Reduced probability for infection, start time delays and case cancellations
- Coordination of referrals for preoperative optimization testing and follow-up
If you have questions or would like to schedule an appointment, please call us.
2003 Kootenai Health Way
Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814
(208) 625-4470 tel
(208) 625-4471 fax
Enter through the South Entrance. Located in the Heart Center, third floor.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
What to Expect
During your visit with the Preoperative Clinic, you will be talked to about how to get ready for your surgery. This may include when to stop eating and drinking before surgery, medication instructions, and any other instructions related to your surgery.
Items to bring with you to your visit:
- Please bring a list of all medications you are currently taking (includes pills, inhalers, liquids, eye drops, vitamins, supplements, and any prescription medications).
- Make sure your list includes the name of the medicine, how often you take it, and the dose you take.)
- Medical Alert Card
- Pacemaker/Defibrillator ID card
- Advance Directives, POST form, Living Will, Power of Attorney for Health Care
Download the Surgical Guide