Kootenai Health’s commitment to providing superior health care has never been stronger. Our highest priority is the safety of our patients, our employees and our community.
Kootenai Health has implemented a number of measures to ensure everyone’s safety in response to COVID-19.
- Screening: Patients at the emergency department and clinic offices are screened prior to entry. Surgical patients are proactively tested for COVID-19 prior to their procedure to ensure proper precautions are in place.
- Testing: Kootenai Health led the way with our drive-through testing center to prevent the spread of the virus
- Social Distancing: Many clinics allow patients to use their car as a waiting room. With this option, patients can avoid a busy waiting area and relax in the comfort of their own car until their room is read
- Telemedicine: Most of our providers now offer convenient telehealth options for certain types of visits. Learn more.
- Masks for All: Patients and staff, regardless of symptoms, are required to wear masks in patient care buildings to prevent the transmission of germs. If patients or visitors do not have a mask, one will be provided
- Cleaning and Care: We’ve increased cleaning throughout our facilities including all high-touch surfaces like railings and handles. Our knowledgeable team has implemented evidence-based safety protocols to ensure our employees have the proper personal protective equipment they need to care for patients.
Your health is essential. Avoiding or delaying needed health care could put you at risk of developing severe complications. We are ready and able to care for you safely. Schedule your appointment or procedure today.
The Panhandle Health District has a hotline dedicated to assisting the public. If you have any questions about COVID-19 or think you may be displaying symptoms, call 1-877-415-5225.