Participating in a clinical experience at Kootenai Health involves three key steps:
- Securing an affiliation agreement between the educational program and Kootenai Health
- Establishing eligibility to participate in a clinical experience
- Securing placement in the department
Hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Contact us at (208) 625-6078 or [email protected].
A current affiliation agreement must be on file with Kootenai before a student can receive a placement. This agreement outlines the parameters of the clinical experience, expected outcomes, as well as the individual responsibilities of each party.
Prior to the arrival of students, the student and/or program shall secure documentation pertaining to the following:
- Immunizations (or completed exemption process)
- Criminal Background Check
- Seasonal Influenza Vaccination (or completed exemption process)
- Idaho Health and Welfare fingerprinting, required for clinical experiences in Kootenai Health Behavioral Health units
- Current Idaho licensure/certification (if required for program)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider Certification
Faculty members are responsible for student placement in a specific unit of department. We require a faculty contact at a school to accommodate any student request. Student Services works closely with facilities to accommodate placement requests. To allow for time for adequate onboarding, facilities are asked to:
- Submit requests a maximum of 90 days and minimum of two weeks prior to clinical start date.
- Have a faculty contact that is responsible for and reachable to students.
Kootenai Health utilizes an internal onboarding process that is no cost to students or facilities.
Let’s Be Friends!
If you are interested in beginning a partnership with Kootenai Health, provide the following information so a team member can follow up with you. See you soon!
- Student Type:
Please send this information to: [email protected].