Kootenai Clinic Orthopedics supports the atheletic training programs for Coeur d’Alene, Lake City and Post Falls High School.
What is a Certified Athletic Trainer?
Certified Athletic Trainers (ATC) are an important member of your sport and health care team. They are highly qualified, multi-skilled professionals, who work directly with the coach, team physicians and the entire sports medicine staff to ensure your athlete gets back to safe play as soon as possible.
They provide preventative and acute care should an injury arise during practice or play and oversee the return to play progression.
What can an Athletic Trainer do for you and your student athlete?
Athletic Trainers work in your local high schools (Coeur d’Alene, Lake City High School and Post Falls High School) and will oversee general care of student athletes by providing:
- Injury prevention
- Emergency care
- Clinical exams, assessment and diagnosis
- Therapeutic intervention
- Rehabilitation of injuries and medical conditions
- Expedite medical care and referrals for injured athletes
- Collaborating with health care providers
- Monitoring environmental conditions
- Concussion assessment and follow-up
- Respond to emergencies on the field including cardiac abnormalities and heat stroke
Athletic Trainers can make the difference between safe play and dangerous injuries for your student athlete.
Kootenai Clinic Orthopedics - Coeur d'Alene
Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.