Critical Care – Save a Life – Make a Difference
Kootenai Health is an expanding 330 bed hospital that is a community-owned, Magnet-designated facility located in the Pacific Northwest. We are continually growing, creating new roles, and implementing best evidence-based practices to ensure optimal healthcare services and outstanding care for our patients.
To meet the demands of our growing hospital, our Critical Care team is expanding and we recently launched a state of the art ECMO Program and revamped our Critical Care Rapid Response Program.
- Up to $10,000 in relocation packages
- Housing assistance during transition
Why Kootenai Health
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits for employee (dependents extra)
- Three-time Magnet designation
- Unit includes 13 ICU beds and 13 CICU beds
- Staffing 1:1 – Post-op open hearts, IABP (balloon pump, CRRT, Therapeutic Hypothermia)
- Busy cath lab, two cardiothoracic surgeons and collaborating intensivists with 350+ heart surgeries per year
- Progressive industry technology such as; CRRT, Centrimag, Impella, TAVR, ECMO
- Tuition assistance
- Competitive differentials/certification pay
- Preceptor pay
- Designated Rapid Response Team
- “A” Leapfrog Safety Rating
- Member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network
- Level II Trauma Center
- Level III NICU
- MyHealth Employee Wellness Program
- Recruitment brochure (download)
- Three time Gallup Great Workplace Award for culture
Benefits of Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
- Magical resort town in the mountainous Pacific Northwest
- Four beautiful seasons with plentiful outdoor activities
- 50,000 people but maintains small-town charm
- Great education system, safe neighborhoods, low crime rates and affordable housing
- Surrounded by 55 lakes, including Lake Coeur d’Alene
- Access more than 2.5 million acres of public land including lakes, forest, mountains and rivers
- In the summer, residents enjoy water sports, hiking, golf, camping, fishing and bird watching
- In the winter, enjoy access to five exceptional ski resorts in a two hour radius: Schweitzer Mountain Resort, Silver Mt. Resort, Lookout Pass, Mt. Spokane, 49 Degrees North
- Within 40 minutes of Spokane International Airport
- Exquisite restaurants, fun nightlife and a thriving downtown
- Plentiful family activities including Fourth of July parade, Christmas Lighting Ceremony, Festival of Trees, Festival at Sandpoint, Live After Five Concert Series, Art on the Green, Mac and Cheese Festival, Silverwood Theme Park (20 miles North), Car D’Alene
- One of America’s favorite cities!
Proud to be one ranked among the best in the country.
The network includes organizations across the nation that work closely with Mayo Clinic to provide patients a higher level of care close to home.
Magnet means nursing excellence, earned by only 7% of hospitals nationwide.
Kootenai Health was named one of the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the nation.
We are a certified as a Level III Trauma Center through the American College of Surgeons.
The American College of Surgeons named Kootenai Health as an Accredited Breast Center.
US News and World Report ranked Kootenai Health as the number one hospital in Idaho
Addario Lung Cancer Foundation has recognized Kootenai Health as a Lung Cancer Center of Excellence.
The Gallup Great Workplace Award recognizes companies for their extraordinary ability to create an engaged workplace culture.
Growth at Kootenai Health
Aspiring Nurse Leader Program is program for employees in a nursing role that are ready to move their career to the next level and would like to develop leadership skills. The 3 chosen candidates are put through a nine-month training program and also partnered with a nurse manager mentor to help them through the program.
Nursing Excellence Program is a ladder program for employees that have been employed for at least 6 months and have one year of nursing experience. This program encourages nurses to grow professionally and to be recognized and rewarded financially for advancing their practice and improving organizational outcomes related to safety, compassion and engagement.
Continuing Education is encouraged at Kootenai Health and we value your desire to grow. If you want to further your education we have a variety of training courses offered for free through our Organization Development, we also offer tuition assistance, and department funding is allotted annually to assistant employees with specialty certifications and conference trainings.
Kootenai Health has the most 5-star Google reviews of any hospital on the west coast (second in the nation).
Want to learn more about our flagship services? Learn more here.
Connect With Us
Follow us on your favorite social media outlets to receive updates, learn about new opportunities, and get to know your Talent Acquisition Team!