Kootenai Health is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network (MCCN) a national network of organizations that share a commitment to better serving patients and their families. As part of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, Kootenai Health providers now have access to Mayo Clinic’s knowledge and expertise when these additional resources will be helpful, allowing many patients to avoid unnecessary travel for answers to complex medical questions.
Benefits of MCCN
Members of Kootenai Health’s privileged medical staff have access to the latest Mayo Clinic expertise and clinical care resources through this formal collaboration. Here is a look at the resources available:
- AskMayoExpert is an online point-of-care tool designed by Mayo Clinic physicians. This clear, concise resource offers disease management, care guidelines, treatment recommendations and reference materials for a wide variety of medical conditions. Members of Kootenai Health’s medical staff, nurses, and clinicians can access AskMayoExpert.
- eConsults serve to connect Kootenai Health physician specialists with Mayo Clinic specialists when they want additional input regarding a patient’s care. Specialists on the Kootenai Health medical staff can use eConsults.
- eBoards provide a multidisciplinary educational discussion and informal advice regarding suitable diagnostic tests and treatment options for complex cases.
- Patient education materials (Coming soon!) More than 2,500 pieces of Mayo-developed patient education will be available in English and some Spanish. All materials are written at a 6-8th grade reading level, and offered in Word and PDF formats.
- Mayo Clinic Grand Rounds are recorded, archived events for medical professionals. They cover advances and innovations in patient care, research and education in the areas of cardiology, neurology, internal medicine and gastroenterology. Most sessions provide .75 or 1.0 AMA PRA category 1 credit. CME credits are available for members of the Kootenai Health medical staff.
For Patient Education Materials:
Julie Hoerner, Patient Education at (208) 625-4483
For eConsult information:
Jessica Mendoza or Caroline Alfieri, eConsult Coordinators, at (208) 625-5080
For questions about receiving care through the network, contact Lisa Goodwin at (208) 625-5081.