We know the stressors you face every day can sometimes be overwhelming. Focusing on ones’ mental, physical and emotional health is a key strategy in helping navigate difficult times. You are not alone — please take advantage of the resources listed further down this page.
- NURSES have access to supportive coaching sessions with nurse peers through VITAL Worklife™, a national behavior health consulting practice. Nurses who would like to schedule free nurse peer coaching sessions through VITAL Worklife™ can learn more and schedule a session below!
- ALL EMPLOYEES can access Kootenai Health’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) by visiting the Human Resources Kloud page. Our EAP provides no-cost counseling and online resources to help all employees address stress and personal issues you and your family may face. Kootenai Health is actively working to expand our EAP offerings to all employees, so stay tuned!
3 Good Things
Three Good Things is the practice of highlighting the positive in your life and how that translates into positive psychology. Kootenai Health is spearheading a 3 Good Things initiative – please look for this online resource for some helpful tips!
PeerRxMed™: No One Cares Alone
PeerRxMed™ is a free, peer-supported program designed to help physicians and others on the care team move toward thriving both personally and professionally.
Apps, Books and Websites Aimed at Physician and APP Well-Being
Reading and Resources
- Studer Well Being Handbook and Toolkit
- The Schwartz Center: Resources for Health Care Professionals Coping with the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Program Books: Resilient Option
- Book: The Psychology of Pandemics: Preparing for the Next Global Outbreak of Infectious Disease, Steven Taylor, Ph.D., R.Psych.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Health Care Professionals Resources
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Healthcare Personnel and First Responders: How to Cope with Stress and Build Resilience During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Mental Health America (MHA): The Mental Health of Health Care workers in COVID-19
- Gratitude Practice for Nurses: A Toolkit for Well-Being
The Power of Meditation and Mindfulness
In today’s busy world, useful smartphone apps provide easy access to many resources and tools. Kootenai Health has partnered with companies, Unmind and Headspace, to offer expanded versions of their digital mindfulness resources. All employees can access them through the Virgin Pulse app accessible on your smartphone, the Kloud and Kloudlite.
Doing things you love outside of work is an important avenue to an improved sense of well-being. As an example, Kootenai Health encourages participation in our annual photo contest. These photos reflect the beauty captured in natural spaces, while enjoying the outdoors.
Stan Foster, RN BSN
Hillary Harmon, RN
Autumn in Bayview
Rosie Willy, RN
Need More Resources?
Please visit Kootenai Health’s Care for the Caregiver Kloud page (only accessible from work; cannot link to it here.) This page includes more information about:
- The Resilience in Stressful Events (RISE) program
- Sample debriefing videos
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) intervention protocol developed specifically for dealing with traumatic events