Kootenai Health's aquatic therapy and fitness sessions are conducted by licensed therapy staff. The natural buoyancy and hydrostatic pressure in the water creates a sensory-rich environment. The warm water is soothing and helps to relax muscles as well as promotes healing. A doctor's referral is required for skilled therapy.
Aquatic therapy is an excellent choice for:
- Improving balance
- Improving cardiovascular health
- Strengthening muscles
- Increasing joint range of motion
- Increasing endurance
- Alleviating or reducing pain
The Therapy Pool features:
- Warm water (90-92 F)
- Shallow (3-and-a-half ft. deep) end sloping to 5 ft. deep
- Handicapped accessible facilities (stair and lift access), including showers and restrooms, ADA comliant swim lift, and parking
- Separate locker rooms for men and women and day lockers
- Flotation and resistance aids
- Certified lifeguards Locker/shower rooms
- Changing areas
Kootenai Health's Rehabilitation Services offers a variety of aquatic fitness classes. All classes are designed and led by certified instructors who strive to create an environment that is:
- Goal-driven to achieve better health
- Arthritis Foundation Aquatic Program - Research shows that physical activity decreases pain, improves function and delays disability. This program is proven to do just that! For more information visit Arthritis.org.
- Aqua Pi-Yo-Chi - This class intertwines yoga, pilates and Tai Chi. Discover how they complement each other in developing strength, range of motion, balance, and relaxation.
- Kootenai Health Triathlon for Kids - This yearly kids triathlon helps promote healthy habits and provides a fun family event.
$6 for a single visit.
$50 for a 12 visit punch card.
Medicare and most private insurances will pay for skilled aquatic therapy as long as you have a demonstrated need for aquatic therapy and continue to make gains in your ability to function.
The Aquatic Center is located on the Kootenai Health campus in Coeur d'Alene, ID. For more information about aquatic therapy or fitness, call the McGrane Center for Rehabilitation and Therapeutic Care at (208) 625-5311.