Volunteer Commitment? – Most volunteer areas require a regularly scheduled, weekly, 4 hour shift.
How old must I be? Our program provides volunteer opportunities for ages 14 and up.
What is the Volunteer application process?
Complete the application and return it to Volunteer Services or submit it via the website.
- Kootenai Health Drug Screening and TB test and flu vaccination completed at Kootenai Health or recent record from the provider • Security Clearance: Each applicant is required to have a background check completed. There is no cost to you, but once you’re accepted into the volunteer program, you will need to complete the Authorization regarding procurement of background reports form.
- Read Kootenai Health in-service information and return related tests to Volunteer Services office
- Schedule drug screening and photo for your Kootenai Health ID Badge
- Orientation which is scheduled for every other week (except holiday weeks) and consists of a full day on Monday (8am to 4pm), Tuesday (11:30 – 12:30), and Wednesday (8:00am to 8:30am).
- Training: As a new volunteer, you will work alongside a veteran volunteer until you feel confident in your specific duties. There are certain departments that also require extra training from their staff, and will require that you be trained by them as well.
How long do you keep applications on file? Once applications have been received, they are kept on file for six months. If you applied to volunteer more than six months ago, you will need to reapply.
What volunteer shifts are available? The majority of our volunteer needs are between the hours of 8:00am and 8:00pm. Although we also have weekend shifts available.
Why should I volunteer? – Our volunteers have the opportunity to create a meaningful impact on the lives of our patients and their families. If you have a willing and caring heart and are looking to gain a genuine sense of satisfaction from helping others, consider volunteering at Kootenai Health.
Will I be able to shadow a doctor or nurse, or have clinical experience? We do not offer job shadowing or internships through our volunteer programs. We cannot create a position based on personal or professional goals. We have specific volunteer roles that enhance the services we provide.
I would like to find employment at Kootenai Health, does volunteering guarantee me a job? We do not recommend volunteering in an attempt to secure employment at Kootenai Health. Volunteering does not guarantee employment. If you are interested in position openings , please visit our careers search.
Who can I contact for more information? To learn more you can contact our Volunteer Services Manager at (208) 625-4645.