According to the American Cancer Society, colorectal cancer is one of the more common cancers in the US. About 1 in 25 people in the United States will develop colon or rectal cancer at some point during their lifetime. But there are things you can do to help lower your risk. One of those things being eating a diet rich in vegetables, fruit and whole grains. The below recipe is a great way to start incorporating more vegetables into your diet. Serve it as a side to an entrée or enjoy it as a snack!
Roasted Rainbow Veggies
1 whole Red bell pepper
1 whole Yellow bell pepper
1 whole Summer squash
1 small head Broccoli
½ medium Red onion
2 Tbsp Canola oil
1 Tbsp Dried thyme
1 Tbsp Oregano
1 Tbsp Chives
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Line baking sheet with tin foil.
- Cut all veggies into similar bite-sized pieces.
- Line up chopped veggies in rows on baking sheet by color.
- Drizzle with canola oil and sprinkle all seasonings. Mix the seasonings and oil together on the veggies.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until veggies are cooked through.
- Serve as a side to any dinner entrée or as a snack and enjoy!
This recipe was provided by Megan Rasmussen, MS, RDN, employee wellness coordinator for Kootenai Health.