Makes 12 servings.
2 medium avocados, chopped
1 medium tomato, chopped
2 tablespoons red onion, finely
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
Sprinkle of paprika
1/2 jalapeño pepper, minced (optional)
• Hard-boil eggs by placing eggs in
an even layer in large pot covered
by 2 inches of cold water. Heat pan
on high and bring to rolling boil.
Immediately turn off heat, cover pot
with lid and let eggs sit on hot burner
for 10 minutes.
• Transfer eggs to bowl of ice water to
cool; peel eggs.
• Slice eggs lengthwise and scoop out
yolks; place yolks in large mixing bowl.
• Add avocados to yolks and mash with
fork until completely mixed.
• Add remaining ingredients, except
paprika. Stir to combine.
• Carefully scoop about 1 tablespoon of
mixture into each egg-white half.
• Sprinkle with paprika to garnish.
• Top with jalapeño, if using.
Serving size: 2 egg halves. Amount
per serving: 130 calories, 10g total fat,
185mg cholesterol, 4g carbohydrates,
7g protein, 2g dietary fiber, 120mg