Kootenai Clinic primary care offices are Patient Centered Medical Homes (PCMH). This is a partnership between you, your primary care provider and a team of healthcare professionals committed to making sure you get the right care at the right time.
Patient Centered means the focus is on you and your healthcare needs and not just when you are sick.
It’s called a Medical Home because you are surrounded and supported by your healthcare team. Your team cares about you while caring for you.
Your PCMH Care Team
Your care team includes your primary care provider, other healthcare professionals that you see and you.
Your care team will:
- Help you play an active role in managing your health
- Combine the latest medical research, clinical knowledge and your preferences to create a personalized plan that focuses on your health needs and goals
- Provide preventive screenings and immunizations, chronic disease management and acute illness and injury resolution
- Coordinate the care you receive among different healthcare professionals
- Make it easier for you to reach your provider through email, phone calls, same day appointments and extended hours for routine and urgent appointments
- Use technology, such as electronic health records, to stay on top of your health issues
- Answer questions about your health and your care
- Provide coaching and advice to help you reach your goals
At times you may need to see other healthcare professionals or receive community services to help reach your health goals. These services may include:
- Behavioral health specialists
- Hospital care
- Community supports
- Pharmacy services
- Specialist treatment services
When you need help from other providers or need other services, your care team will work with you to determine what is best for you and guide and support you every step of the way.
The Focus is On You
You are at the center of the PCMH care team!
It is important that you take an active role with your team to get the most out of your healthcare.
You can work with your care team by:
- Telling your team about your health and lifestyle so they can best understand how to help you reach your health care goals
- Telling your team about other healthcare you receive so they can coordinate your care
- Asking questions about your health and your care
- Calling your PCMH care team if you have health concerns or questions
- Letting your PCMH team know if you don’t understand your personalized plan or if it isn’t working for you
- Taking your medicines as directed
- Keeping your appointments
Medical Home Contact Information
You can reach your care team at (208) 625-4515. Calls received when the office is closed will be routed to our answering service.