Mommy and Me Support Group
Join us for our free new mom social group. Our group’s purpose is to share experiences, challenges, and advice in a welcoming and nurturing environment. Our group is designed to encourage and build closeness among women in similar seasons of life.
Topics will include postpartum depression, family dynamics, self-care, breastfeeding, sleep and more. Our group is hosted by our Women’s and Children’s social worker. We are currently hosting the support group on Tuesdays from 11am-12pm in the Family Birth Center.
- Hosted by a Licensed Medical Social Worker.
- Location: Kootenai Health-Family Birth Center
- No appointment necessary
New Mom Resources
Breastfeeding Applications for Your Smartphone
- The Bump, the Knot – Free
- Baby Nursing – Free
- latchME – Free
- Pump Log – Free
- Breast Milk Calculator – $2.99
- iBaby Feed Timer – $4.99
- Baby Connect – $4.99
- Baby Tacker – Feed, Diaper Log – Free
Baby Development Week by Week – Free
Feed Baby – Free
latchME – Free
- Ameda.com: Your Baby Knows How to Latch On A must-see five minute video
- Dr. Jack Newman: Here you can view video clips on topics such as: cup feeding, swallows vs. suck, etc. www.breastfeedinginc.ca
- Great website for dads: Here you can find many PDF resources as well as their blog featuring stories from dads. www.beerandbubs.com.au
- Jane Morton, Stanford University: Here you can view videos on: Hand expression, pumping, increasing your milk supply and a perfect latch http://newborns.stanford.edu
- Kellymom.com: Provides support on breastfeeding, sleep and parenting.
- Suzanne Colson: Video about instinctive positioning: www.biologicalnurturing.com