At Kootenai Health, we care about the health of our employees as much as we do about the health of our patients. To help promote employee wellness and offset unwanted health care costs, Kootenai has developed a robust and comprehensive program to promote health, get employees moving and provide incentives for those that lead healthy lifestyles.
Kootenai’s self-developed employee wellness program is called MyHealth. Several MyHealth initiatives are in place to help employees achieve their personal goals, including:
- Free health coaches
- Free fitness and nutrition counseling
- Subsidy for Weight Watchers at the Workplace
- Discounted memberships to PEAK Fitness
- Discounts and reimbursements to employees who compete PEAK’s “Biggest Loser” challenge
- Summer walking series and step challenges
- Subsidized fitness tracking devices
- Free fitness classes
- Discounted wellness massage
- Financial counseling
- Ongoing free financial seminars for employees and their spouses
- Partnerships with local area agencies for discounts on community fitness events
We believe patients will receive better care as a result of having a happier, more engaged employee caring for them. The MyHealth program is one of the ways Kootenai Health commits to a healthy culture.
Well Workplace Designation
In 2009 and 2016, Kootenai received the Wellness Councils of America’s Gold National Well Workplace designation for quality and excellence in worksite health promotion. The Gold designation recognizes Kootenai’s development of comprehensive programs for employee wellness.