Kootenai Kids childhood development program helps children grow socially and physically in a safe and loving environment.
We are now accepting children aging two weeks to five years old who are dependents of Kootenai Health employees.
Our center provides a safe, nurturing and reliable day care center for families.
- Meals and snacks are included
- Age-specific classrooms and activities
- Fenced outdoor play area
- Secure entry/exit
- Experienced staff
- Staff are licensed and have full background checks
- Centrally located near Kootenai Health
Open Monday to Friday from 5:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Full-time and part-time schedules available.
Child Care Program Team
The program has a specially trained staff with over 50 years of combined experience attending to the needs of children.
- Certified nursing assistant
- Licensed social services worker
- Licensed elementary education teacher
- Fully dedicated group of teacher assistants
- Additional support staff
All staff members are trained in basic life support (BLS) and first aid. All staff have completed full background checks. Continuing education for staff is also offered.
Kootenai Health’s modern child care facility includes a fenced play yard. It is centrally located near Kootenai Health and has secure exit and entry.
The facility features a permanent play structure surrounded with bark for the children’s safety and a multi-purpose area for larger projects and programs.
Food and Activities
Meals are included and served family style and are included in the cost.
Children’s restroom facilities are age appropriate.
All activities are designed for each age group in their classroom and the use of the multi-purpose area. Sample activities include:
- Arts and crafts
- Buggy rides
- Circle time
- Field trips (age appropriate)
- Visits to the Adult Day Program
- Holiday programs
- Kindergarten preparation
All children must be pre-approved, registered, and current on their immunizations. Monthly calendars are required for scheduling.
We believe that given the opportunity, resources, and stimulus, children have the potential to develop their innate capacities and learning styles during the first six years of life. Activities should be appropriate to their learning style and developmental needs.
The intergenerational interaction between children and the elderly encourages a child’s sense of self-worth through the extended family concept. Children are exposed to traditions and customs parents may not always have the time to provide.
- Create a loving and nurturing environment during a child’s separation from parents.
- Provide a physical environment conducive to learning, reflective of the stages of childhood development, and consistent with the health and safety needs of the children and staff.
- Help children develop and maintain a positive self-concept.
- Provide the child with a variety of appropriate learning experiences to foster social, emotional, cognitive, and physical growth.
- Assist in the development of a sense of responsibility and recognition of the rights and needs of others.
- To encourage self-reliance in the child and foster feelings of achievement and success.
- To provide an intergenerational working model using an extended family concept, where families may observe and participate in the program.
For information on pricing, please contact us directly. Full and part time schedules are available.
For more information contact the Kootenai Kids Clerk at (208) 625-6070 or Kootenai Kids Coordinator at (208) 625-5002.