A healthy workforce is a productive workforce.
Kootenai Health has been repeatedly recognized as an exemplary employer who works to reinforce a healthy culture throughout the organization.
Some of the ways Kootenai Health supports health for employees:
- A robust employee wellness program with monthly challenges, classes, coaching and incentives
- Healthy food options (MyMeal) in our café
- An on-site walking trail on our Coeur d’Alene campus
- Nearby fitness center with discounted membership costs
Kootenai has received numerous awards for providing a stellar workplace environment.
Best Places to Work in Healthcare | Modern Healthcare
In 2011, Modern Healthcare magazine named Kootenai Health, “The Best Place to Work in Large Healthcare Organizations,” as well as one of the nation’s top 20 “Best Places to Work in Healthcare.” For three years in a row, Kootenai was included on this list.
Kootenai earned this distinction by demonstrating the following:
- Financial stability
- Reinvesting in growth and medical technology
- Desirable salary and benefit packages
- A full spectrum of employee reward, recognition and retention programs
- Workplace health and wellness initiatives
- Training and educational opportunities
- Positive employee/supervisor relationships
- Strong and caring leadership
Well Workplace Designation | WELCOA
In 2009 and 2016, Kootenai received the Wellness Councils of America’s Gold National Well Workplace designation for quality and excellence in worksite health promotion. The Gold designation recognizes Kootenai’s development of comprehensive programs for employee wellness.
Gallup Great Workplace Award | Gallup
This award recognizes Kootenai Health as one of the most engaged and productive workforces in the world. The Gallup Great Workplace award is based on rigorous workplace research. To be eligible for the nomination Kootenai Health engagement scores need to be among the best of those organizations surveyed by Gallup. Since beginning our focus on engagement we have seen HCHAPS scores, financial performance and retention improve.