Looking for a unique experience during pregnancy? Kootenai Clinic OBGYN’s team of midwives offers a new way to complete your prenatal care. In traditional prenatal care, patients come in for brief, individual visits to discuss their pregnancy and we develop one-on-one relationships. However, we believe that a woman and her family can greatly benefit from creating a community of like-minded families as they embark on one of the most important seasons of life.
This community approach to prenatal care provides families a supportive team of midwives and other moms with whom they can share difficulties and triumphs as they welcome a new child into the world.
Which type of prenatal care is best for you?
- Individual appointments
- 10 to 15 minute per visit
- Three hours totoal
- childbirth classes not included
- birth planning
- private physicial exam
- Discuss exercises
- Visits during business hours
- Each visit is one-on-one
- Small group meetings
- 1 to 2 hours per visit
- 12 to 24 hours total
- Includes prepared childbirth/breastfeeding class (no cost)
- Birth planning
- Private physical exam (fundal height and heartbeat)
- Demonstrate and perform exercise
- Visits in the evening, after hours
- Week 8, 20, 36, 38, 39, 40 will remain one-on-one
Interested in Small Group Prenatal Care?
Schedule your first appointment with one of our Certified Nurse Midwives or call us to learn more.