If you think you may be showing signs of COVID-19 or if you have had a close exposure and feel you need to be tested, contact your primary care provider or Panhandle Health District at 1-877-415-5225.
You must have an order from a physician or Panhandle Health District to be tested.
Schedule your COVID-19 test
Note: You must have a referral from a physician or Panhandle Health District to be tested. If you don’t have a primary care provider, contact the Health District’s COVID-19 hotline at 1-877-415-5225 or call Kootenai Urgent Care at (208) 625-3640.
Schedule your COVID-19 test online to expedite your wait time. Wait times may vary due to patient volumes.
- Click “Schedule a Test” below
- Choose your preferred time and fill out your information
- Check your confirmation. From there, you can change your time, cancel your appointment, or contact us with questions.
Be sure to have your insurance card readily available when you arrive for your appointment.
Hours of Operation:
NOTE: Once it is determined that the people already in line will not reach the testing center until closing time, additional cars will be turned away with a recommendation to return the following day. Typically, the line may be capped around one hour before closing.
- Pre-procedural testing ONLY: Seven Days a Week, 7 a.m. – 9 a.m. (This time is reserved for patients who must be tested before a scheduled procedure)
- All Other Testing:
- Monday – Friday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Tips for people being tested:
- The testing center must receive an order for testing from your physician or Panhandle Health District. These providers have a specific order form that is used. We cannot complete a test without the pre-developed order.
- When talking to your physician or Panhandle Health, ask when your orders will be sent to the testing center. This will help you avoid arriving for a test before your order has been received.
- Be prepared to wait when you arrive for testing. Depending on the day and time, waits are averaging one to one-and-a-half hours, but may be longer depending on the demand.
Special Instructions for Those Traveling to Hawaii
- Kootenai Health is not an approved “trusted testing partner” recognized by the state of Hawaii department of health for pre-travel testing to bypass the state’s mandatory 14-day quarantine.
- Kootenai Health will be applying to be a trusted testing partner in the coming months.
- The nearest trusted testing partners recognized by the Hawaii State Department of Health are: Walgreens in the Spokane Area — 2105 E. Wellesley Ave, Spokane, WA 99207 and 2702 N. Argonne Road, Millwood, WA 99212. For more information, see: Hawai’i Tourism Authority: gohawaii.com/travel-requirements
and their Trusted Testing Partners list: hawaiicovid19.com/travel-partners/
The best way for you to receive your results in an expedited manner is to utilize our Portal. Please have your healthcare provider include your email on the order so that we may process your results confidentially to you as quickly as possible.
If you are looking for results information, click here.
The line for the testing center is routed along Kootenai Health Way (westbound traffic) and Ironwood Court (eastbound traffic). Please see the map below.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to expand COVID-19 testing capabilities.