If you think you may be showing signs of COVID-19 or if you have had a close exposure and feel you need to be tested, contact your primary care provider or Panhandle Health District at 1-877-415-5225.
You must have an order from your physician or Panhandle Health District to be tested.
Hours of Operation:
NOTE: Once it is determined that the people already in line will not reach the testing center until closing time, additional cars will be turned away with a recommendation to return the following day. Typically, the line may be capped around one before closing.
- Pre-procedural testing ONLY: Seven Days a Week, 7 a.m. – 9 a.m. (This time is reserved for patients who must be tested before a scheduled procedure)
- All Other Testing:
- Labor Day Hours: 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Monday – Friday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Tips for people being tested:
- The testing center must receive an order for testing from your physician or Panhandle Health District. These providers have a specific order form that is used. We cannot complete a test without the pre-developed order.
- When talking to your physician or Panhandle Health, ask when your orders will be sent to the testing center. This will help you avoid arriving for a test before your order has been received.
- Be prepared to wait when you arrive for testing. Depending on the day and time, waits are averaging one to one-and-a-half hours, but may be longer depending on the demand.
We are doing all we can to help, including:
- Extending the hours we are open for testing. More staff members are needed to do this.
- We are working to bring on more qualified, trained staff members to help collect test samples. This is being done as quickly as possible.
- Working with Panhandle Health District and others to explore the addition of another test collection location.
- Researching a way you can schedule a test time so you do not have to wait in line as long.
- Bringing in portable out-houses in case you need to use the restroom while you wait.
The best way for you to receive your results in an expedited manner is to utilize our Portal. Please have your healthcare provider include your email on the order so that we may process your results confidentially to you as quickly as possible.
If you are looking for results information, click here.
The line for the testing center is routed along Kootenai Health Way (westbound traffic) and Ironwood Court (eastbound traffic). Please see the map below.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to expand COVID-19 testing capabilities.