Join the Kootenai Health Residency Program! Let us help you grow, love, and be successful in your nursing career!
The Kootenai Health Nurse Residency Program is a year-long program that provides an innovative, person-centered support structure for the acquisition of evidence-based practice, standardization of knowledge and skills to ensure our nurses are confidently prepared, supported, and engaged in their work. Nurse Residents learn through a combination of educational seminars, peer support discussions, simulation and authentic patient experiences with the support of experienced preceptors/mentors. Kootenai Health is committed to providing Nurse Residents with the teaching, training, mentoring and experience needed for a successful career in nursing.
The year-long Nurse Residency Program, is provided to all Nurses who have less than one year of hospital-based nursing experience. While in the program Nurse Residents are hired into paid, fully-benefitted, FT (36-40 hours/pay period) staff nurse positions and selected onto specific teams that include:
- Medical/ Surgical Services
- Behavioral Health Services
- Nursing Resource Team (Float Pool)
Nurse Residency Program cohorts begin approximately every eight weeks.
Our practical 12-month program provides Nurse Residents with:
- Socialization and networking support
- Didactic, targeted teaching and on-site simulation learning experiences
- Dedicated training unit with standardized preceptors
- Monthly workshops with social networking and didactic experiences
- 24 hour access to a robust, interdisciplinary on-site library
- Three to six months of direct bedside preceptor, mentor and leadership support
- A professional nursing culture and education environment consistent with the ANCC Magnet designation — the national standard for nursing excellence in the United States.
- Early leadership opportunities
Eligibility and Application
Application to the Nurse Residency program is extremely competitive. Applicants must:
- Have graduated with a BSN OR be enrolled in a baccalaureate (or higher) degree program in nursing upon hire, with a mandatory completion date within two years of hire.
- Possess an active Idaho Registered Nurse license (prior to start date.)
Continued success in your role requires:
- Full-time employment with Kootenai Health for 24 months following the completion of the Nurse Residency program.
- Obtaining a specialty certification in your nursing specialty (such as CCRN, CEN, RN-BC or RN-C) within 24 months of completing the program.
Application Deadline & Requirements:
- Submit a standard Kootenai Health Nurse Resident online employment application
- Provide a Cover Letter that notes your top three desired teams and includes your personal attributes and commitment to nursing
- Complete a Spark Hire video interview from Human Resources
- Complete Kootenai Health reference process
Kootenai Health will ensure your success as a Nurse by providing you a robust orientation program, access to Organizational Development, the support of a professional education team, and the cohesiveness of a fixed cohort.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (208) 625-4620
2003 Kootenai Health Way
Coeur d’Alene, Idaho 83814
Connect With Us
Follow us on your favorite social media outlets to receive updates, learn about new opportunities, and get to know your Talent Acquisition Team!