Epic – Build Something Worthwhile – Make a Difference
Kootenai Health is an expanding integrated health system located in the Inland Northwest in Coeur D’Alene, Idaho. Our health system, which is community owned, is anchored by a 330 bed acute care hospital and an extensive network of ambulatory and physician practices, and two critical access hospitals. Kootenai Health is Magnet designated. We are continually growing, creating new roles, and furthering evidence-based practices to ensure optimal healthcare services and care for our patients, families and our providers and staff.
To meet the goals of our growing health system, Kootenai is investing in an enterprise implementation of the Epic electronic health record (EHR). Our implementation is in partnership with MultiCare Health System, and together we will provide an improved integrated health record for our patients in the region. After implementing Epic, Kootenai Health will offer Epic to other non-Kootenai entities in Northern Idaho who are interesting in using Epic for their EHR. We are looking for outstanding partners to join us to implement our new Epic system.
We are actively recruiting for roles for the Epic program. We are looking for analysts, trainers, as well as managers and team leads. Whether you are an experienced professional who has worked with Epic before, or you are a clinician or healthcare business professional, there may be a role for you in the next step in your career. Consider joining us and work with the best to bring exceptional, efficient healthcare to our patients in North Idaho and the Inland Northwest!
The Epic program at Kootenai Health is an exciting journey which will be transformative for Kootenai Health physicians, care providers, business and support staff, and, most importantly, our patients! The Epic team will be directly contributing to the successful delivery of a new platform of care to our community and patients. Currently, there are 13 electronic health records at Kootenai Health. Historically, these 13 EHRs represented the best systems of their generation. Now, Epic, a leading internationally known EHR, will replace our current EHRs with one.
- Remote working options available to non-local employees
- Exceptional benefit and relocation packages when applicable
- Housing assistance when applicable
- Paid training for Epic Certification for assigned Epic modules
Why Kootenai Health
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits for employee (dependents extra)
- Three-time Magnet designation
- Tuition assistance
- “A” Leapfrog Safety Rating
- Member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network
- Level II Trauma Center
- Level III NICU
- MyHealth Employee Wellness Program
- Recruitment brochure (download)
- Three time Gallup Great Workplace Award for culture
Benefits of Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
- Magical resort town in the mountainous Pacific Northwest
- Four beautiful seasons with plentiful outdoor activities
- 50,000 people but maintains small-town charm
- Great education system, safe neighborhoods, low crime rates and affordable housing
- Surrounded by 55 lakes, including Lake Coeur d’Alene
- Access more than 2.5 million acres of public land including lakes, forest, mountains and rivers
- In the summer, residents enjoy water sports, hiking, golf, camping, fishing and bird watching
- In the winter, enjoy access to five exceptional ski resorts in a two hour radius: Schweitzer Mountain Resort, Silver Mt. Resort, Lookout Pass, Mt. Spokane, 49 Degrees North
- Within 40 minutes of Spokane International Airport
- Exquisite restaurants, fun nightlife and a thriving downtown
- Plentiful family activities including Fourth of July parade, Christmas Lighting Ceremony, Festival of Trees, Festival at Sandpoint, Live After Five Concert Series, Art on the Green, Mac and Cheese Festival, Silverwood Theme Park (20 miles North), Car D’Alene
- One of America’s favorite cities!
Proud to be one ranked among the best in the country.
The network includes organizations across the nation that work closely with Mayo Clinic to provide patients a higher level of care close to home.
Magnet means nursing excellence, earned by only 7% of hospitals nationwide.
Kootenai Health was named one of the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the nation.
We are a certified as a Level III Trauma Center through the American College of Surgeons.
The American College of Surgeons named Kootenai Health as an Accredited Breast Center.
US News and World Report ranked Kootenai Health as the number one hospital in Idaho
Addario Lung Cancer Foundation has recognized Kootenai Health as a Lung Cancer Center of Excellence.
The Gallup Great Workplace Award recognizes companies for their extraordinary ability to create an engaged workplace culture.
Connect With Us
Follow us on your favorite social media outlets to receive updates, learn about new opportunities, and get to know your Talent Acquisition Team!