Community service is at the core of the mission and values of Kootenai Health.
Whether it's at the annual health fair, a Safe Kids event, a spot check skin cancer screening or a Heart to Heart screening, Kootenai Health staff and volunteers can often be seen at events promoting the health and well-being of local residents.
Kootenai regularly demonstrates its value to the community by:
- Being named a Top 100 Hospital in a community value survey ranking over 3,000 hospitals on quality of care and value to their communities.
- Providing free medical transportation services.
- Acting as the lead agency of Safe Kids Kootenai County.
- Providing over 150 car seats for low-income children each year.
- Giving safety checks and installation instructions to over 300 families annually.
- Providing over 300 free bike helmets to children each year.
Kootenai Health supports community projects that match our mission, vision and values.
To learn more about the Community Sponsorship Program, call (208) 625-5302.
Download a sponsorship request form. (PDF)
Kootenai is currently involved with the following agencies, along with other smaller programs and events:
- Susan G. Komen, Race for the Cure
- Hospice House
- Kroc Center
- Boys and Girls Club
- North Idaho Centennial Trail Foundation
- United Way
Kootenai Health is committed to:
- Being good stewards by equitably allocating resources in the best interest of the community.
- Working to decrease the number of uninsured in Kootenai County, where one in four individuals currently have no health insurance.
- Supporting and participating in organizations striving to improve the quality of life in the community.